View the full program online and, to keep on top of all things #AIUM18, download the eventScribe app now from the Apple store or Google Play store and search for AIUM 2018. Before and during the convention, use the app to plan your schedule, read about sessions, take notes, learn about exhibitors, and engage with other attendees.
Learn all about the app by checking out these videos on using the app: Quick Navigation Guide, Browsing Style, Taking and Sending Notes, E-mailed Notes, Messages, and Events.
Travel to the convention via plane, train, or automobile. The hotel, New York Hilton Midtown, is located on Avenue of the Americas (6th Ave) between West 53rd and West 54th Streets. To get to the hotel from 1 of the 3 nearby airports, or Grand Central Station, Penn Station, or Port Authority, which are all within approximately 20 minutes of the hotel, you can take a taxi or rideshare service. To get around the city, walk or take the subway, a taxi, or a rideshare.
Stay in the know by following the AIUM and the Convention on Twitter (#AIUM18), Instagram (AIUMultrasound), vimeo, LinkedIn, and Facebook as we share news and events, as well as photos and videos.
Learn and Network
- Two preconvention postgraduate courses will be offered on Saturday, March 24. Additional fees apply.
- We doubled the number of hands-on Learning Labs. Our Learning Labs provide an up-close and personal learning experience while earning CME credit.
- Learn from leading ultrasound experts in small group settings in Meet-the-Professor sessions. There are a dozen Meet-the-Professor events to choose from. Each comes with lunch. Separate registration fee is required. If you haven’t registered, act quickly because more than half the sessions are sold out.
- The AIUM has added 2 networking receptions to the Convention schedule. Plan to meet up with colleagues, explore the latest technology, and ask questions you may have during these cocktail and hors-d’oeuvre events on the Exhibit Hall floor.
- The AIUM received a record number of research abstracts for the 2018 AIUM Convention. This research will be shared by AIUM’s new investigators, abstract presenters, and e-poster submitters throughout the event.
- Community and Interest Group Meetings: Meet with other ultrasound professionals who share your interests, plan future AIUM educational programs, and discuss the issues in your specialty.
Start your day off with some exercise: join your colleagues and AIUM staff each morning from 6:30–7:15 am for a 3-mile run/walk around New York City’s Central Park. You’ll meet up in the Main Lobby at 6:30.
Join the Scavenger Hunt at the convention: download the eventScribe app (search AIUM18) to get started on your chance to win one of several prizes that will be awarded upon completion of the game. A grand prize winner will be announced Tuesday afternoon.
CME Earn up to 6.5 CME credits during the Preconvention and 29.5 CME credits during the Convention.
ARRT Earn up to 6.5 ARRT credits during the Preconvention and 29.5 ARRT credits during the Convention.
SAMs The American Board of Radiology (ABR) has approved 7 Self-Assessment Modules (SAMs) activities from our upcoming 2018 Convention.
UGRA One session at the Preconvention and 8 sessions at the Convention have been added to the UGRA Portfolio program’s course offerings.
Please note that although the AIUM provides CME certificates to those who have participated in an AIUM educational activity, the AIUM does not submit credits to regulating bodies or certifying organizations on behalf of the participant. It is the participant’s responsibility to submit proof of credits on his or her own behalf.
When you’re not attending the convention, check out some of what New York has to offer. Here is a short list of just a small portion of what is out there, including museums, parks, iconic buildings, and more. And, don’t forget to check out minus5° in the hotel’s lobby, where everything in the bar is made of ice, including the glasses.
You must log in to post a comment.